Who We Are
HOPin Academy is a social enterprise, founded 2013 in Tamale, Northern Ghana. It is an innovative educational organization providing goal-oriented, practice-oriented learning for young people harnessing technology. Our programs cover entrepreneurship, digital communication, Information Technology, video production, and business consultancy. Our business model as a social enterprise that reinvest profits made through business consultancy and collaborative projects in empowering young people to realize their potential by providing a space for learning, idea generation and development of a startup entrepreneurial Eco-system as means of contributing to sustainable development. We are also engaged in educational innovation to ensure that entrepreneurship becomes part of the core subjects within Basic Schools in Ghana.
Our Learning Process
• The learner or entrepreneur either comes with a specific learning goal or is encouraged to define one in the process. A goal could e.g be to learn starting your own business or to edit video or to write a good blog post.
• We then use free resources online, particularly instructional videos on Vimeo and Youtube that the learners can see at home before coming to class and practicing what they have learned
• In class the learners can either decide to work alone with the help of our facilitator, or in a group, if they can find a common project to work on.
• When the project is completed, we assess the next step to take for each learner. Could be to take another class, start a business, apply for a job or apply for education elsewhere..
• It is a bottom-up approach based on the individual student’s skills and goals. We believe that this is the way to motivate people. Also it is the way to build up a deeper understanding of the reason why the students want to develop a particular skill
Mrs. Theresa Blegvad
Bestyrelsesmedlem hos Dalgasskolen
Experienced Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the professional training & coaching industry. Skilled in Executive Development, Career Development, Life Coaching, HR Consulting, and Coaching. Strong business development professional with a Bestyrelsesuddannelse focused in BSS Juridisk facultet from Aarhus Universitet.
Mr Hans Hartung
Water and Energy.
He is actively involved in rainwater harvesting and other non-conventional energy, water & waste water approaches. Consultancy for bilateral donors in Europe (EU, GIZ, InWEnt, Bread for the World, Misereor, EED, Swiss -, Durch -, and British Organisations) and UN-Organisations (WHO, WSSCC, World Bank, UNICEF) His Specialties Are: Systemic Organisational Counsellor, Coach (IGS), Chairman of Tauberkraft GmbH, operating agency of hydropower plants; Chairman of RegEnTau GmbH, renewable energies, concepts and planning; Chairman of the Vorbachmuehle Association, awareness creation, one world issues
Mr. Michael Mærsk-Møller
Has strong experience in project management, evaluation, and capacity building processes, and have done research in New Orleans, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar/Burma, Denmark, and Ghana. He is a visionary with strong analytical competences and a positive attitude.
Board of Directors
Modesta N. TsabaChairPerson
KWAME ADDYVice Chairman
MacCarthy Mac-GbathyCEO, and Management Representative
YAW ADU-GYAMFIBoard Member
KOFI YEBOAHBoard Member
RUKA YAROBoard Member
Kwaku AsareBoard Member