Hopin Academy is an innovative entrepreneurial organization, providing goal-oriented, participatory, practice-oriented learning with the aid of technology. We bring together the best content from the internet and apps connect it to our students. We combine it with a strong community and personal support in order for them to become competitive on the labor market and reach their personal objectives as entrepreneurs by the end of the courses. The Hopin method starts with a short discussion where our students set their personal goals which they want to reach within the program. After clarifying their personal objectives, they find themselves in a comfortable study environment, where the community, the peer-to-peer learning and the personal support by our supervisors, will ensure them the opportunity to get relevant skills, knowledge and competencies in realizing their goals.
HOW WE DO IT
- The learner or entrepreneur either comes with a specific learning goal or is encouraged to define one in the process. A goal could e.g be to learn starting your own business or to edit video or to write a good blog post.
- We then use free resources online, particularly instructional videos on Vimeo and Youtube that the learners can see at home before coming to class and practicing what they have learned
- In class the learners can either decide to work alone with the help of our facilitator, or in a group, if they can find a common project to work on.
- When the project is completed, we assess the next step to take for each learner. Could be to take another class, start a business, apply for a job or apply for education elsewhere.
- It is a bottom-up approach based on the individual student’s skills and goals. We believe that this is the way to motivate people. Also it is the way to build up a deeper understanding of the reason why the students want to develop a particular skill.